Monday 28 October 2013

The only way is AlanyaBrooke

When is comes to my recent approach to beauty it's been more laid back than ever... or has it?

I wake up, wash my face slap on some spf, apply my loose powder and I'm good to go.
Yes, it seems like I couldn't care less and don't take that much time, true. However I think this is the perfect example of the new approach to beauty women are now taking.

Rather than waking up and applying a full face of makeup. Spending half an hour on our hair and painting our nails two to three times a week we're now taking a more lazy approach to this. Myself included.

Where as I would previously spend the best part of a hour getting ready in the morning I would now say it's 10mins maximum. And this is reflective of many other womens routines. The likes of spray tans, eyelash extensions, eye brow tinting and nail fixes such as shellac allow for this reduced time (and an extra half hour in bed.)

To many they may seem costly and timely,  although they actually are far more affordable than you may think.

Take nail polish. It will take you the best part of an hour to do your nails, and say you change up your nail colour 3 times a week. That's 3 hours, factoring in the price of a nail polish, base coat, top coat and varnish costing you around £25 without factoring in all the different colour varnishes you will buy. Where as you could pay £20 for shellac that will take around a quarter of an hour to apply last you a good 2-3 weeks and will not chip. In addition a good nail technician will do a full manicure included free of charge. This is similar if you opt for acrylics as well. Looking at it in this perspective opting to have your nails done rather than doing them yourself now looks like he better option.  

A new love of mine are eyelash extensions. The price of these vary from around £30-£90 usually sitting in the middle around £60 for a decent set. Lasting up to 6 weeks depending on your natural lashes and how well you look after them. Infills are around the £25 mark and suggested around every 2-3 weeks. I wouldn't be without mine now. They take around 2 hours to apply which allows for a nice nap!

An Essex girls favorite is fake tan. With the range of tan on the market at the moment spray tans are unnecessary. I use Cocoa brown and can apply a full body tan in less that 10 minutes. The great thing about the tan is that it only takes a hour to develop! I apply my tan twice a week and keep in topped up in between with Dove Summer Glow.

Hair is a funny one to discuss, it all depends on your hair type and care routine. I have highlighted medium length hair. It's super curly however I can go for a week without washing it, gross but true. My personal routine is a deep condition and wash on a Sunday. Followed by a blow dry and a good 4 hours with it setting in rollers, leaving it with volume. I will then wear my hair in top knots, plaits or just down till the Sunday when I will do the whole thing again. When exercising I have it in plaits and occasionally will give it a blast of dry shampoo throughout the week if necessary.

Eyebrows are massively important, they frame your face and can take you from looking dull to simply amazing. I'm lucky enough to of always had a knack from eyebrows, I've always waxed, threaded, plucked and tinted my own along with often doing friends. I thread my brows once a week and will pluck if any strays peek through between this time. I tint my eyebrows fortnightly which saves filling them in. However if i'm going out where I'll be photographed I'll use MAC omega through my brows.

In summary, I wear acrylic nails, fake tan twice a week, wear eyelash extensions, and keep on top of my brows.... Can you tell i'm form Essex ;)
My hair is pretty low maintenance and takes up minimal time. 
I love these semi permanent options which are now readily available to anyone on the high street.
No only do I wake up pretty much ready for the day but I don't have to worry about chipped nails and my makeup melting off. After I completed my morning skin care I buff some loose mineral powder over my face along with some lip balm and I'm ready to go!

Many would say this is a very Essex/high maintenance approach to beauty however I would argue the opposite. extra time in bed in the mornings and only having to send about half an hour maximum a week on up keep of this definitely where the beauty industry is heading.

I would love to know your opinion on this! Whats you approach?

No comments:

Post a Comment